Friday, April 2, 2010

Bedtime Bliss...

"Mummy, I'm hungry. I need to go to the toilet. Can I watch TV?" Children will use any and every excuse to put off bedtime, but how often do you hear, "Mummy, can I do yoga first?" For most parents, getting their children to bed takes time, effort and endless patience, something we often dont have at the end of the day.

As a yoga teacher and a mother, I'm often asked how parents can teach their child to be calm and centred when bedtime rolls around. The problem is, when we ask our children to be settled, they often do the opposite. However, experince and research have shown me that yoga offers one solution to the bedtime dilemma.

(This is an extract from an article I wrote for the summer edition of WellBeing Magazine).

No comments:

Post a Comment